Thursday 15 April 2010

My profile and an opinion

My name is Emi Naito.I'm from Tokyo in Japan.
I'm here to study English. After that, I want to work abroad.

I was born and grew up in Shimane until eighteen years old. I lived with my parents, older sister and grandparents. My sister is married, she has two sons and I love my nephews! Their personalities have many points of likeness to me.
Shimane is in the west Japan and it is an old town. That town is calm and peaceful, I like it, but I wanted more excitement so I chose an university in Tokyo.
I have lived in Tokyo from sixteen years, the first four years I studied sociology at the university(from nineteen to twenty-two years old). Why did I choose sociology? At that time, I had a dream. I was going to work for a publishing company so I needed to learn it.(After all, my dreams came true.)
After graduating from the university, I've worked for three companies for twelve years, I worked for two publishing companies and one other.
The first company publishes some personal computer magazines.I used to work in the sales-advertising section. Here I learnt sales.
Secondly I worked for a reflexology company, it isn't a publishing company. I worked there for a short time, because it wasn't suited for me.
The third company was most important to me. The company publishes some town magazines and is very famous in Japan. I learnt to know about this work.
I like my job and I have a lot of experience which is very important to me and I will always treasure.

I have a lot of hobbies. The reason is, I am interested in various things.
I like driving and snowboarding. In winter I drive a car and go to snowy mountains every year. I enjoy snowboarding and after that I will go to a hot springs! In Japan there are hot springs near the ski slopes.
In summer I often go diving, both in Japan and abroad. Diving makes me sometimes relaxed and other times very excited. I have an advance diving license, which I can dive into water from 30 meters, so I want more experience.
I like traveling and to a lot of places, I have been many photos. My photography teacher taught me what was important and taken a photo, so I was doing attentive when I took a photo.

Last year I went to Tunisia with my best friend. Tunisia hasn't developed transportation network so we arranged for a driver. He was an English speaking guide. My friend could understand easily, but I couldn't understand a lot.I felt apprehensive and mortified.
I returned back to Japan and decided I wanted to study English abroad. I found an agency, a place, a school and etc... I decided to study in London. Now I stay here.

When I was a young, I didn't like to study English.
Why I didn't like English? Every time the teacher taught grammar, it was just taking an exam. I felt it was boring and thought "I'm Japanese, why do I need to study English? I don't use it and I don't need it!"
So that why my grade was terrible.
Sometimes I'm thinking, If I study hard,my future would change. But I'm pleased with my life and it's not too late to begin studying at this time of my life.
When I came to London it made me change my mind that there is more to life than work, it's wins to enjoy to my life.

2 comments:

  1. good profile. lots of info.

    I like your profile picture. what an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed some sentence and grammar. Please check it.

    ReplyDelete